Google
 

Friday, November 7, 2008

Ballet Shoes, by Noel Streatfeild

My favorite book. I seriously cannot begin to estimate how many times I've read it- I would honestly think its in the hundreds. I love it each time. It still even makes me cry.
I read it again last night, and am so glad. I don't think I would be the person I am now (a reader, I guess) without Noel Streatfeild's books, and this was my first, the best, and I love it more that there are words to express.

You can imagine my excitement and fear, then, when I found out that the BBC was making a movie of it. I knew there had been a movie version before, but I kind of had the feeling it might not be that great. This one is. It is so well done. A few things were changed for the movie, but it was so well done, and when Posy danced oh man I'm crying again.



No comments: