Google
 

Monday, February 18, 2008

Some more books

Children's Books

Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules, by Jeff Kinney

Sequel to Diary of a Wimpy Kid, still funny and very childish and mean, but funny stuff.



Tracking Trash: Flotsam, Jetsam, and the Science of Ocean Motion, by Loree Griffin Burnes

Sad, and breezes over how we and the kids who read this are all doomed, but seriously, how do you write about this stuff for kids? good try.



Youg Adult Books

Alice Macleod, Realist at Last, Susan Juby

Sequel to Alice, I Think, and a great teen girl book. I like Alice so much that I wish she were real.



Adult Fiction

24 Karat Kids, by Judy Goldstein and Sebastien Stuard
Pretty awful NYC working chick lit- Dr. Shelly Green starts at a fancy Manhattan pediatrician clinic, and suddenly feels she has to change her image, meets a new guy, yadda yadda. Tired and blah. Also, I HATED the end.

Adrian Mole, The Lost Years, by Sue Townsend
Another Adrian Mole book- I think I've read them all now. I hadn't missed much with this one, though. Your standard Adrian Mole book. Pretty good, though- a bad Sue Townsend book is still a million times better than most books.

No comments: