Google
 

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

MWF Seeking BFF: My Yearlong Search for a New Best Friend

Interesting premise. When Rachel and her husband move to Chicago, she misses her best friends from New York, and makes a concerted effort to try to meet friends. While meeting and making friends outside of college is so much harder, I hate to say the book really turned me off. I wouldn't want to be friends with her, and although the things she treid were interesting, not being able to like the author stopped me from enjoying the book itself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I disagree. I received an advance copy of this book and found it to be a really good read. The author is funny and engaging, and there is some interesting research about friendship in the book. She writes openly and personally about her family and her marriage and she pokes fun at herself quite a bit. I laughed and cried while reading this memoir, and I can't really ask for more in a book!