Google
 

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Love Actually



I feel like I am probably among the very last people to see this who ever had any interest at all in seeing it, but I finally got to it!

Despite A Very Trusted Source (Hi Mom!) seeing it earlier in the week and pronouncing it "utter slop" I gave it a shot anyway.

It might be because of major sleep deprivation, but I thought it was sweet- definitely sappy, sentimental, string-pulling like a bloody ocean-casting fishing line, but still cute. Very much a Hey-It's-That-Guy movie for me- I kept losing track of the plot trying to figure out which other English romantic comedies I'd seen all the actors in, but maybe that helped with some of the admittedly goofy plotlines?

Still, a feel-good movie, and those are pretty rare, I reckon.

Did I mention sleep deprived?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is one of my favorite girly movies ever. Sometimes you just need to embrace the sappy slop!