Google
 

Monday, December 19, 2011

Micro, by Michael Crichton and Richard Preston

Well, this was sad. Obviously, this is the last book Crichton was working on when he died, and you can pretty clearly see where Preston took over- the philosophical kind of musings and speculation that raised up the level of Crichton's thrillers was no longer there after the first hundred or so pages, and after that, it was pure thrill-driven action adventure with an eye to being made into a movie, if you know what I mean.
The shrinking of people down to half and inch has been approached before, and so have the dangers of nanotechnology, in Crichton's own (and much better) Prey.

1 comment:

Frank said...

Thanks for the review. After hearing about the book on a radio show a few weeks back I ordered it and now I find myself reading reviews in anticipation. I dont know if the show, The Book Report, airs in your area, but host Elaine Charles is just great. I just catch the show in the archives on their website at www.bookreportradio.com