Google
 

Monday, June 17, 2013

French Twist: An American Mom's Experiment in Parisian Parenting , Catherine Crawford

This book, along with Bringing Up Bébé: One American Mother Discovers the Wisdom of French Parenting and The Panic-Free Pregnancy: An OB-GYN Separates Fact from Fiction on Food, Exercise, Travel, Pets, Coffee, Medications, and Concerns You Have When You Are Expecting are the only books I could recommend to any parent!!!
Children live up to (or down to!) expectations, and this witty and charmingly self-depreciating book offers gentle but sound advice to American parents on how to buck the trend to raise self-centered little heathens.
We have been raising our daughter with the European-style expectation that she will be, and that she wants to be, a civilized person, and lo and behold, she acts like one at 2. I am sure there will be tough times ahead, but that is when I will re-read this book and re-set my shoulders, straighten my spine, and try to set an example for her.
Great book, and one I think should be required reading!

No comments: