Google
 

Friday, June 6, 2008

Allie Finkle's Rules For Girls, by Meg Cabot


You know, I do not really like Meg Cabot. But I didn't think she was eeeeevil, I just thought she has a roomful of chained up ghostwriters she whips with feather boas. Now, I'm really starting to suspect she's on the Dark Side. I rarely read children's books. I've read a lot of YA lately, sure, but other than revisiting childhood favorites, I've mostly (and happily) ignored the children's books. But hearing that La Cabot has started up a children's series, and reading article after article about how this has just made her publishers go ka-ching! kaching! with excitement, I thought I'd check it out.

It was loathesome.

Allie Finkle is a little bitch in training, her moral compass is broken, her parents should send her to boarding school in Liberia, and I can't believe anyone published this piece of shit.

No comments: