Google
 

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Bratz The Movie




This was unbelievably bad.
In every way possible, this movie was awful and wildly offensive. I cannot believe that adults made this knowing it was for children. How the hell do those people sleep at night?
At one point, this is the only example I'll give of the unspeakable manipulative sexist consumerizing nature of this crapfest, I promise, the four "best friends" (who are horrible to each other and are individually wretched people too) are all invited to their enemy's MTV Super Sweet 16 party. Now, not for one second do the girls think, hey, We don't like Meredith, and she hates us, so lets not go to her party. Nope. They go shopping for new outfits for the party. Ok, so moving on, Cloe, the blond, is sulking around unhappily as the other Bratz endlessly try on clothes. Finally she says something to the eeffect that she can't go to the party, as she doesn't have enough money to buy a new outfit. (Her mom is single, and a caterer, which of course leads to future humiliations). Instead of saying, Hey, Cloe, no one needs a new outfit for Meredith's party, lets go home and trade outfits around or whatever, or realizing that they all hate Meredith and not go, Sasha, the black girl, pulls out two "Gold Gift Certificates" (limitless? wtf?) and says "One from Mom and one from Dad- now who says divorce is bad? Now it's one for you and one for me!" So then Cloe is happy, and they shop.
Yeah. Yeah.
Christ it was incredibly bad.
OMG this is the best ever review on IMDB- this really spells it out.
"I'm 20... I haven't cried for any reason since I was 12, and this movie brought me to tears. Not from laughter, not sadness... it was SO bad, I had no emotions that could be connected to this film, and I just started crying because nothing else quite fit. If these people tried to perform like this two thousand years ago, they would have been stoned to death. The acting was so terrible, I think I lost my faith in mankind. The materialism in this movie was so... I can't even think of an adequate adjective to describe it... No wonder there are countries that want to see our way of life crumble... after seeing this movie, I almost agree with them.
It's so awful, no one could possibly lampoon this movie. It's too terrible to properly mock and satirize. I feel really terrible for the companies that sponsored this. They really lost out on this investment. The attempts at throwing in messages about individualism and inner strength would have worked, if there hadn't been the "be yourself, but dress fashionably to be accepted" message splayed across this film like roadkill. It's a good thing I didn't have any forks, or acetylene torches nearby... or I would have tried to stab/burn my brain out.
I seriously considered gnawing my own leg off several times, to escape watching this film. I actually lost the ability to breathe after about 40 minutes of this film... I eventually remembered how, but it took a while. Not good... My roommate has completely lost his mind... he asks questions like, if Darth Vader showed up at our door, should we hang out with him, and some remarks about hollowed out breasts and orange juice... he's completely lost his mind.
Don't watch this movie if you value your sanity!!! " LINK

No comments: