Google
 

Monday, June 30, 2008

Evanly Bodies, by Rhys Bowen



Mmm, Wales.

But- this one I actually was interested in the plot of, because I had no idea that Muslim immigration was an issue in that area too... I knew that that was a huge thing in other areas nearby, but somehow thought that these small towns and villages were remaining more homogenous, but the whole plot of this book hinged on the difficulties of assimilation, and I just really... wish it hadn't.

Also, I must say I wish Constable Evans hadn;'t married Bronwen. I think a HUGE part of the fun of the Hamish Macbeth's by M.C. Beaton is Hamish mooning over Priscilla while Elspeth, Freda, etc ad infinitum are all so much better suited for him, and the possibilities of romance and the continual confusion and awkward meetings at the Italian restaurant add a lot of fun, and after the first Constable Evans book, I was looking forward to more of the same with Betsy the Barmaid and Bronwen the schoolteacher and so on.

But still, lovely to read the names of the towns.

No comments: