Google
 

Monday, April 23, 2012

Purity, by Jackson Pearce

Well, this was well written, but.
I know that these Purity Balls really do happen, but it is so far from my experience that I have no idea how realistic this book was. I don't think they do them in Rhode Island, lol!
Shelby is struggling to keep the promises she made to her dying mother, but when her father wants her to participate in the Princess Ball, she worries that her promises she made her mother will counteract the vows she is supposed to make to her father about living a pure life. She figures out, with the help of her best friend Jonas, that the thing to do is to break the purity vows before the ball, so she won't be lying (???)
So Shelby starts to look for a guy to have sex with, completely overlooking Jonas, who is so obviously in love with her...
Ugh. I don't know.

No comments: