Google
 

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Blow Out The Moon, by Libby Koponen

Charming children's memoir/novel of being an American child sent, at 8, to a very traditional English boarding school for a year. Funny, because the narrator talks about finding, reading, and loving a set of English boarding school novels that I am almost sure are the Enid Blyton Mallory Towers books, which I adore, and continue to hunt down copies of. I have no idea why they were so absorbing to me, but I love love love them, Darrell and Zerelda and Mavis and Bill and the midnight feasts and torches and all that. I honestly don't remember what brought this title to my attention, but it arrived in the delivery for me and I read it in one go, greedily sucking down the stories about paddocks and Matrons and eating peas on the back of a fork. It was a lovely little read, and had great photos and drawings.

2 comments:

Eni said...

I am glad that you mention The Malory Towers series with regard to Enid Blyton. In fact I mention the series in a number of instances in my book on the author, titled, The Famous Five: A Personal Anecdotage (www.bbotw.com, www.amazon.com).
Stephen Isabirye

Lexi said...

Thanks so much for letting me know about that! I will definitely try to read it!